Saturday, October 15, 2011

2011 Recycler of the Year Award


I dedicate this to my friends, supporters and fellow recycling enthusiasts, especially those of you who've helped me at events, helped me deliver or pick up recyclables, encouraged me when I've been frustrated and discouraged and cheered me on in my quest to turn my passion into a career. I couldn't have done it without you all! And most of all, thanks to my awesome and VERY tolerant husband, Mr. Trashbasher!

I received this award this past week at a Recycling Association of Minnesota awards dinner. My friends Madalyn, Felicity and John nominated me, and they tricked me into thinking I was one of several finalists ("come to the dinner to see if you won!") when in fact I was THE finalist. So it was a nice surprise. And in reading their nomination, they were so effusive that I think I would've picked me, too! So thanks for writing such an awesome nomination and being such great pals, you three!

2 comments:

  1. all the best to you (and Mr. Trashbasher)! nobody deserves it more. you'll probably win every year from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps i think riley would like that frisbee.

    ReplyDelete