Friday, September 9, 2011

The Great Minnesota Get-Together

Yes, of course I'm going to say it: There is a TON of compostable material at the State Fair. I hadn't been to the fair for at least 5 years, but I went with Carolyn and her family this year and had a great time. Lots of good eats! So far the fair is composting corn cobs/husks and animal bedding, but that's it.

Here is only one of hundreds of trash cans at the fair. I did see recycling bins for bottles and cans, which is great, but they weren't paired with every trash can, unfortunately.

The modern-day 4-Her: texting from her animals' pen.

I LOVE GOATS.


Wrangling kids.



We took home all our compostables, but our party of 5 adults and 1 child did have a number of plastic and Styrofoam cups, too. We brought reusable utensils, napkins and water bottles from home.



No comments:

Post a Comment