Saturday, April 24, 2010

A successful Green Expo in Coon Rapids today!

For the past couple of months I've been helping the recycling coordinator for Coon Rapids with the city's first-ever Green Expo. We brainstormed who to have as exhibitors, planned, organized and set up for the event. And the turnout was great!






A workshop making decorated CD cases put on by ArtStart's ArtScraps in St. Paul was popular.



Even better, we generated very little waste. I put compost bins throughout, and the only trash we really had was chip bags, candy wrappers, some coffee grounds (I wasn't successful at re-directing all of these) and a couple of foam cups and plastic gloves. I wish I had weighed the compostables and trash.

Update: I weighed the compostables today and it was 16.8 pounds. I'm gonna guess the trash weighed 2-3 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment